By Celestine Fedley
Recently I signed up to Blinkist, if you don’t know what that is, it’s a site where thousands of non-fiction books are already read for you and the most important snippets (Blinks) are either written or narrated.
So essentially you can read or have a book read to you in 15 minutes. As an avid reader who like most people is time poor, this service is beyond amazing! It means I can read 4 books in an hour if I so desire. While I’m walking my dog I can listen to two books! Glorious!
The reason that I am telling you this is because I want to share all this amazing, fantastic, inspiring, motivational and quite frankly useful information.
I plan to read and post the takeaway messages from 1 book a week starting today. I’m going to start with an oldy but a goody.
Fear the fear and do it anyway. It’s a book that is very close to my heart that I’ve read quite a few times over my lifetime and I keep coming back to when I start feeling the fear or when I recognize that fear is holding me back from what I need to do to move forward in my life!
AND furthermore, this isn’t going to be a passive exercise for you either.
Please message, email, text, PM or however you can get your message across, about books you’d like to hear about. Books that you have been meaning to read or someone has recommended to you. Or books that you’re not sure are for you but you are curious about.
I will read them for you and do a write up about it then you if you decide that YES, this book is for me and you can go and buy the book!
The topics and example books are as follows:
• Wherever you go, there you are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
• The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
• Buddhas Brain by Rick Hanson
• Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
• The power of habit by Charles Duhigg
• Quiet by Susan Cain
• The 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen R. Covey
• The four agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz and Janet Mills
• How to stop worrying and start living by Dale Carnegie
• Born for this by Chris Guillebeau
• How will you measure your life by Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth and Karen Dillon
• The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer
• The Four-Hour work week by Tim Ferriss
• Getting things done by David Allen
• Zero to One by Peter Thiel with Blake Masters
• The Freaks shall Inherit the Earth by Chris Brogan
I hope you are as excited about this project as I am as I LOVE to read about how to enhance my health and wellness levels. Also, I love to be inspired and gain wisdom on how to be the very best version of myself I can be. The thought of being able to share that feeling with you is OMG (that term may be naf naf noodle, but it does sum up how I feel about this project).
Happy reading fellow knowledge seekers xxx
Mobile: 0490 332 079